If you have booked a railway ticket to travel somewhere, and you have to cancel that ticket for some reason, you can know through the cancellation fee given below how much railway will deduct your ticket cancellation fee and How much refund will be received
Cancellation charges for confirmed tickets
More than 48 hours (minimum charge)
|AC First Class, Executive Class, Anubhuti Class||₹240 + GST|
|First-class, AC 2 Tier||₹200 + GST|
|AC Chair car, AC 3 Tier, AC 3 economy||₹180 + GST|
Between 48 hours and 12 hours
|All AC classes||25% of ticket fare + GST|
|All Non AC classes||25% of ticket fare|
Between 12 hours and 4 hours
|All AC classes||50% of ticket fare + GST|
|All Non AC classes||50% of ticket fare|
Less than 4 hours
|All Classes||No refund|
Cancellation charges for waitlisted and RAC tickets (including Tatkal) – Indian Railways Trains
More than 30 mins
|All AC classes||₹65 (incl. of GST)|
|All Non AC classes||₹60|
After chart preparation (30 mins prior to departure)
- Amount, as applicable, will be auto refunded for waitlisted tickets within 5-7 business days after final chart preparation.
- No refund shall be granted for RAC tickets after final chart preparation.
Cancellation charges for waitlisted tickets – IRCTC trains/Tejas Trains
More than 30 mins (online cancellation)
|All AC and Non AC classes||₹20 + GST|
After final chart preparation (Auto cancellation)
All AC and Non AC classes
Cancellation charges for fully confirmed Tatkal tickets
- No refund shall be granted for fully confirmed Tatkal tickets post-cancellation.
Cancellation charges for Current Availability
- Cancellation not allowed. Please file TDR if not traveling
- E-tickets can be cancelled online until preparation of charts. After preparation of charts, the user will have to file TDR for claiming refund.
- The cancellation charges shown here are for a single traveller and are indicative. The final charges dependent on IRCTC and may sometimes change due to changes in Railway refund rules, tax structure, ticket status etc.
- The above cancellation charges do not include Amazon service charges, payment gateway charges and IRCTC travel insurance charge which are non-refundable.
- Full refund will be issued in scenario of train cancellation.
- No refund will be provided in case of cancellations of certain tickets like current availability, confirmed tatkal etc
If you have any questions from us, you can comment below.